Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pet peeves

Yay, finally a hate post.

Its not even a month into the new year yet and I've already been subconsciously making mental lists of little (and some not so little) things that annoy me to no end. Wow, Vicki, your life must really suck at the moment.

So here goes.

No. 1 - Chat speak.  
I've hated chat speak, I hate chat speak and I have a feeling I'll always hate chat speak.
Seriously, short forms are fine, but wen ppl start 2 type lyk tis i jz wan 2 wack d hell outta dem. Lyk srsly, dun tel me tis is not annoyin. I can't even do it properly, 'cause I'm so out of practice. (Yes, once upon a time, back when I was younger and stupid, I used 2 type lyk tis.)

It just huffs me up alot.


No. 2 - Jumping to conclusions.
Don't judge a book until you've read the entire story.
Don't express your opinion until you're certain that there are people who would want to listen.
Don't try to correct someone unless you're sure they are wrong and you are right.
Don't talk so much about things you're ignorant about.
Don't presume/assume, for it brings chaos. (or something like that, I don't remember the actual quote.) Very dramatic btw, Ben.
Its just so annoying when people assume things about you and you can't correct them because you'll just look silly or petty OR worse still, defensive. And then nobody will believe you if they think you're being defensive.
And don't tell me that I shouldn't care about what other people think, because (to a certain extent) why shouldn't I?
If I want to not care, I'd just go live as a hermit. Duhh.


No. 3 - People saying "No offence, but..."
Because then you can be sure that they're gonna say something that WILL offend you. And when they trail off after the "but...", may I know what I'm suppose to say?

"Oh, just say it, I won't be offended."  Which is an outright lie, because I most probably will be.

"No worries, I'm not that kind of person to take offence so easily..." Actually, I am. I'm ultra sensitive, people. And I also happen to be a typical Cancerian. (To connect the dots, read up on Cancer)

"Thanks for the two second warning before you offend me." If only I could say this without offending that person.

I know they're just trying to be polite. But seriously, it doesn't make things less offending. It makes things about 2 seconds more offending.


No. 4 - People disturbing me while I'm reading
Okay, this is not your problem. Its mine. I just have this ridiculously bad habit of submerging myself so completely in a story that I really hate it when people disturb me. Especially when random strangers disturb me for random stuff that is totally unimportant to either of us. I'm sure it shows up on my face too. Like I said, its more of my bad habit problem though.

But its still darn irritating.


No. 5 - Being friends with you.
Nobody likes being stepped on, put down, kicked at or outright pushed around.

And I really happen to loathe it when a certain someone has to step on me so he/she can tread water.
When that certain someone has to put me down, so that he/she can appear to be better.
When that certain someone has to push me around, because I'm not the type to confront people. Yes, I'm a coward. I stand up for myself a lot less than I should and a lot of people take advantage of that. Especially YOU. I'm really a true Cancerian. Just my luck. Why can't I be a Leo or something? Leos don't let people push them around. They roar back. Literally.

Don't you just hate it when you have to be friends with someone you don't want to be friends with because you just have no choice?


No. 6 - MUM/DAD BARGING INTO MY ROOM WHEN I'M SONGWRITING (I really hate this one)
When people lock their door, it means they need a little bit more than a little privacy.

It means that by the law of manners, you're NOT allowed to take the spare key and just unlock the door and enter.

When people lock, it means they NEED you to knock. Very desperately, in my case. Because solo songwriting is such a private affair to me, the idea of someone sweeping into the room, ignoring the locked door, is just pure annoyance.

Like, why don't I just give you my diary instead, okay?

Parents think they know everything about their child. Truth is, they only spend about 12 hours a day with them, and most of that is sleep time. So they really have no idea.


So. Tada. The few things that have been haunting me everyday since I stumbled head first into 2011. There's a lot more of that where it came from. I just don't remember most of it. Its the brain problem, its always the brain problem.

Okay so right now people are thinking I'm this angry spirit induced lunatic who's just pissed off at the world and miffed up at life in general.

I'm not.

Really, just believe me instead of jumping to your own conclusions.

In fact, I'm happier than I've been in a while. All of the above are just mild irritants (except for the barging-in-room). They make me roll my eyes so much my eyeballs are like spinning globes and they annoy me to the limits, but they don't make me...angry. That's another story. But life at the moment is too good for me to be angry at stuff.

So right now people are gonna think I'm crazy 'cause I can actually stay happy during form 5 life.

Yeah, and on it goes.

~Smarteepants.

P.S. Oh, remember that thing I mentioned before? About people attempting to blog with smart-ass-intended english, but screwing up every language rule and generally making a fool of themselves?

I was visiting a couple of such blogs yesterday.

And it seriously just made me roll my eyes. Over and over again. Get the hint...Leow? Over again. And again. And again.

So annoying.


P.P.S. I'm not perfect, you know? (Damn well you know.) So if case you're labelling me hypocrite at this very moment, just know that at one point or another, I have done all of the things above.

Used chat speak, jumped to conclusions, annoyed someone (lots of someones), used the "no offence" phrase, barged into someone's room uninvited, backstabbed a friend.

Yes, I've done more than my fair share of those.

That's why, in a way, I kinda annoy myself too.


P.P.P.S. In the past 60 hours, I have slept a grand total of... 9 hours.

No naps.

Sometimes I swear my body manufactures caffeine.

No comments: