Monday, November 16, 2009

Seremban

Local time: 7.52am

I'm actually a night kind of person. (a.k.a. the-sleep-at-4am-wake-at-12pm-kind-of-person) But lately, I don't know what's gotten into me. I've been actually waking up for breakfast, instead of lunch.

Yesterday, I visited my uncle's house. Its the kind of large, old, house that has a huge driveway and a even bigger garden. I remember as a kid I used to climb the abnormally large mango tree, but I'd never reach the top (because those skinny branches might break while I'm on them =P). Or I'd ride the old bicycle round and round the makeshift trail. (Living in an apartment in the town centre means I'd have to be crazy to ride a bike at home.) Or I'd climb the old treehouse and just...write. That old, dusty, dry place is the perfect writing spot.

Yesterday, I did none of those things. The mango tree was overgrown, the bicycle had a tire puncture, the treehouse had been torn down and it was raining. So I spent part of my day in curled up in the attic, but apparently the attic wasn't as inspiring as the treehouse, so I ended up writing 5 words max. Which means I ended up walking in the garden in the rain. (Yes, Christie, really in the rain) And honestly, I'm so good at walking that it didn't even occupy much of my attention.

So I actually ended up thinking about life for approximately 2-and-a-half-hours.

And I think I might change my mind. Probably I'll never get over my aversion for rain, but maybe some rain... isn't that bad. It reminds me of the swimming pool I abandoned long ago.

I feel like I'm losing myself.

How does that even happen?

~Smartee

P.S. Sara's dad said there are only 6 billion people in this world. Meanwhile, there are 200 billion stars and billions of galaxies in this universe. And compare the size of those stars to us humans. Imagine how small we are.

I couldn't help thinking about how an ant would feel.

P.P.S. I visited my grandmother's grave too. It felt nice chucking rainwater into the vase to keep the flowers fresh, until my mum reminded me of how much Amoeba lives in rainwater. To unnerve her, I rattled off the list of microorganisms I learned from Science.

She told me to stop showing off.

So I told her about cilia and flagella.

No comments: