Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Through the thick and thin

I am in the middle of a nuclear disaster at the moment (minus the radiation). But, my fingers are itchy (probably from the dust...you'll find out why in a few moments).

Thursday's performance = rocks!

Friday's trip to Bukit Tinggi = Even better (and it was with my brother!)

Saturday = Sleep + Eat + Sleep + More eating + More sleeping.

Sunday = Church + Hunting for you-know-what for you-know-where.

Monday = Skipped school

Tuesday = WAAAAAAAA! =(

At the moment, I'm attempting (and miserably failing) to clean my room. This afternoon I told myself I must clear out the 70 different types of debris in my room. An undebatable, absolute, must. So with that firm resolution in mind, I started....................wondering where to start. =.="

"Should I sweep the floor first?"

"Or should I change the sheets?"

"Maybe I should clear out my wardrobe?"

"Should I clear the dust off my table?"

"Or should I clear the dust off the things on my table?"

I swear, it was a pain in the ass.

In the end I decided to do what I suspect Pauline does.

Just shove everything into the drawers. I have plenty of drawers, so no worries. The problem with this solution is...sooner or later, I'd have to clear out my drawers, right?

Hence, the reason for my "WAAAAAA! =(".

Today was interesting though, because while I was trying to salvage something useful from the unwashed clothes and dust on the floor, I found a .... key. Took me a moment to realise that it was a key to a drawer that I haven't opened for a long time. Mostly because there were a lot of things in there that I didn't want to look at anymore, but had too much sentimental value to throw away.

I thought I had lost that key a long time ago, and there was no hope of reopening that drawer in a sane way (breaking in by force doesn't count as sane). Turns out that stupid key was hanging out with my dirty laundry on the floor I walk on everyday.

I even found an old S.K.I.E.S. book, the tattered copy of the first song I wrote nearly 5 years ago, the first printed draft of CotS: Journey till the Ends Meet and a whole lot of notes and letters. All in the tiny drawer. Hard to get letters nowsadays, with emails and SMSes running around like nobody's business.

Anyway, I swear I won't ever lose that key again. Ever, ever. Because though pain may be part of the past, its also part of the future. And broken vases can never be completely whole again.

And some things that we lose can never be found again.

But that doesn't mean we should hold on like nobody's business.

Because some things are meant to be gone forever.

And I love speaking in riddles because I know it drives you crazy. =)

~Smartee

P.S. The title above "through thick and thin".. I know you're thinking it means how friends stick with you through thick and thin or something similar.

It doesn't.

It symbolises me cleaning through the debris in my room. Enjoying the thin and stuffing the thick down a drawer, where I won't have to worry about it for the next 5 years.






Don't laugh! If you think about the work involved for me, its not even funny!

No comments: