Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hot & Cold

This is one song I wish I wrote: Katy Perry's Hot n Cold. Its sounds really ugh, bitchy, but the lyrics are...cool.

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes
Yeah you, PMS
Like a *censored*
I would know

You're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down
You're wrong when it's right
It's black and it's white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we make up

I really really really wish this was my composition. I rarely feel envious of songs written by other people, this is one of the few exceptions. The other one is Taylor Swift's Love Story. Really sweet lyrics, despite the drabby melody and her whiny voice.

You were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."

And I said,"Romeo save me - I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you but you never come
Is this in thy head? I don't know what to think-"

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said,
"Marry me, Juliet - you'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad - go pick out a white dress
It's a love story - baby just say 'Yes.'"

Oh I was suppose to concentrate on my piano exam. UGH. Fine, no more songs then.

No comments: