Thursday, December 11, 2008

Forever & Always

You're like water, slipping through your fingers. I've tried to hold on so tight, my hands...my heart is hurting. But like water, it seeps through the natural gaps, through weak defences and just like that, you're gone.

Perhaps not gone forever, but gone for now at least. We don't ever talk. You don't ever reply my messages. Our conversations are either empty or cold. There's nothing left to say but "hi", "bye", "sorry" and "nevermind". We're all dry.

Its wrong, but I feel like I hold grudges against them. Its like they're taking you away. They are certainly not, but I feel the rising resentment. I hear you speak, but its empty. I see your face, but you're not there. I watch you move, but its different.

I've tried so hard to hold on, to keep talking, to never let this fire die. But in the end, like water slipping through my fingers, I tire of trying to hold the fluid within my hands. And you slip right through my fingers, while I desperately try to hold on.

I don't care if you care about this, you probably don't anyway. I do care, so much that it hurts, but I won't anymore. Because I'm starting to wonder if you're worth it. I won't work for this anymore.

When you're gone,
The pieces of my heart are missing you,
When you're gone,
The face I came to know is missing too,
When you're gone,
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day,
And make it okay,
I miss you.

Now its from friends to mere acquaintances. But the memories etched in my mind will never fade. Forever and always.

But i'm too late. You're already gone.

No comments: