Monday, October 29, 2007

Life at school

Studies.

That's what school is about isn't it?

Friends.

Second factor in school.

But to me, its the first factor. I have awesome friends with awesome personalities. Besties, best friends, call them whatever you like. But you see, most friends are only there for you when you're fun. When you're in trouble, do they really care? When you're down and sad, do they want to hang around with you? When you need time to yourself when you're going through turmoil, do they stay there with you? No, my friends don't. They call me boring, right in my face, then stalk of to find someone else. So I read... like a nerd, just read and drown myself in books.. to cancel out whatever trouble life gives a thirteen year old student.

Friends are never truly there for you. They can say whatever they like, give you hope, say they will be there through the ups and downs. but in the end, can you really count on any of them? Friends can be fun. But only when they think you're fun. Or else, they stalk off.

Friends can be mean, nasty. They can hurt you when you least expect it. Once in a while, it hurts so much that sometimes I just sit for hours thinking about it. I read books... any type. Most of them talk about friendship, how when you hurt another hurts as well.

That's all crap. Other people can never feel the pain like YOU yourself do.

But God is there for me. So I trust in him. When friends are fun, I hang with them. When they reject me, I turn away as well. I don't let them walk over me. I don't let them do anything. I try to keep silent when they taunt or mock me.

And I listen to God.

And I tune out of everything else.

No comments: