Monday, October 29, 2007

Life at home

I love my life. There's no reason not to. God's there for me and I have stuff in myself that I love. I go to school, come home, play mad hours of piano, go online. Normal life for a normal kid.

Don't get me wrong. I really love my life. I love who I am, and what I live. But sometimes, life just sucks. Well, everyone goes through ups and downs... I guess I just don't take the downs as well as most people do.

Heck, I am who I am and I want to be who I want to be. But there's a matter of family. They don't always say it outright, but relatives seem to always be hinting that my dad wants me to become an economist or business-crap when I grow up and get through bloody Uni! HELL WITH THAT! I'm have to fight with my dad to choose the path of my life!? Holy chickens I'm only 13 and I've gotta worry about the future ALREADY! And SO, I confide in my mum..and she gives me lectures on how my choice in life does not bring money about and I won't be able to make a living on it! HECK HECK HECK!! I need my family to support me... not tell me what I should be doing and what I shouldn't! Advice is appreciated but support me in my decisions! Okay?

I know I don't live up to your expectations and stuff and I'm not as good as my sister ... but whatever.

I like my life the way it is. I like what I want to be. I like my dreams. I like someone. And most of all, I like myself the way I am.

Isn't that good enough for you, dad? Mum?

Cuz that's all that matters to me.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey i feel your pain. But cut your parents some slack. They are only doing what they think is best for you. Hopefully they will come around and see that if they love you, they will let you go and allow you to grow and make mistakesalong the way. But silently cheering you on from the sidelines and being there for you when you need them most. HAVE FAITH nad be grateful for what you have.